This position has now been filled.
Technical Support Engineer
To support RMA’s (product returns or customer issues) for hardware/servers by troubleshooting and problem-solving issues for internal and external customers.
Monday to Friday: 5:30 am – 1:30 pm and
Monday to Friday: 1:30 pm – 8.30 pm
- Process RMA’s for return or exchange of goods.
- Answer tickets to external customers via the ticketing system.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Provide internal support for systems, firewall, internet, network, servers and desktops.
- Lease with third party support companies as and when required.
- Process complex orders including storage arrays and installations.
- Provide on-site services and support to customers.
- Assist Goods In and Out as required.
Qualifications & experience
- Mainly Dell 13th/14th Gen and HP experience (some IBM ideal but not essential). Examples of models worked on & troubleshooting experiences.
- Ideal but not essential Dell-certified.
- IT hardware especially server diagnostics and fault finding essential – Mainly server faults/able to resolve faults in a methodical manner.
- Use of a customer support system (ZenDesk ideal but not essential).
- Customer-facing experience.
- Able to sign off/check server builds at customer specification.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with customers with problems.
- Good work ethic, ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, sense of responsibility.
- Attention to detail.
- Memory retention.
- Able to follow processes and procedures.